Vauxhall City Farm : An easy day out with a toddler

There are a few things that Cygnet and I do quite often.  We go to the new Magic Garden at Hampton Court, our local ducks are very well fed, the staff at the local garden centre know us well and we can often be found at the park kicking a ball around in my efforts to exhaust Cygnet so that he sleeps through the night. We’ve just added Vauxhall City Farm to our repertoire.

Vauxhall City Farm is quite small but it does have rabbits, chickens, goats, sheep, horses, a massive turkey and a couple of alpacas.  It is totally free – Yippee.  And it also has a lovely café which sells a nice selection of cakes and made to order sandwiches.

Here are a few photos:

Vauxhall city farm  VXL city farm 3

And this is my absolute favourite photo.  I just love the incongruity of a donkey with the MI6 building and some newly built swanky flats in the background.

Vauxhall city farm

And then the fun began...
Reflections From Me
Tammymum
Babyfoote

1. July 21, 2016 / 9:51 pm

That’s cool. Not sure it would keep my two entertained for more than five minutes but then, they’re not toddlers any more! I know exactly what you mean about finding yourself endlessly kicking balls around in the park though. We also love Hampton Court’s Magic Garden. Thanks for linking up to #thetruthabout Pen X
    Sam recently posted…The Truth about… #84My Profile

July 25, 2016 / 9:09 pm

Hi Sam,

Maybe I should make the most of Vauxhall City farm whilst I can. We also take the train there which is a bit of an adventure (for Cygnet at least). Pen x

2. July 25, 2016 / 9:41 pm

Ahh I will add this one to our summer hols ‘bucket list’ as it’s fairly close to us and I love that it’s free and still a trip ‘up town’. Great photo ops too clearly as I love the pics. #AnythingGoes

July 29, 2016 / 7:52 pm

Thanks. I hope you enjoy your day out. Pen x

July 29, 2016 / 7:53 pm

There are quite a few farms in London apparently. This one is quite new though. Definitely worth checking out. Pen x

3. July 31, 2016 / 6:53 am

Sounds like a good trip out for the animal minded (if that’s the correct phrase!?) Unfortunately, whenever I have taken Jet to a farm or zoo, he just uses the animals as something else to run past at top speed, so I might as well have not bothered! The train ride would go down pretty well though I think 🙂
    x Alice
    #kcacols

July 31, 2016 / 8:36 pm

Hi again Alice, Go for the cafe – its nice, you can’t go far wrong. Pen x

4. July 31, 2016 / 9:50 am

Ahh, we’ve yet to visit the magic gardens at Hampton Court but we did manage to take a trip to Vauxhall City Farm last week and the boys absolutely loved it! It just goes to show you can find things to do in London that doesn’t cost the earth! #KCACOLS
    Maria recently posted…Review: The Gruffalo Deep Dark Wood Game plus giveawayMy Profile

July 31, 2016 / 8:33 pm

Glad you liked Vauxhall City Farm. Definitely go to the Magic Garden. Pen x x

5. August 1, 2016 / 9:11 pm

Thats pretty cool! I wish we had something like that near by #KCACOLS
    OddHogg recently posted…July Round Up 2016My Profile

August 1, 2016 / 9:39 pm

thanks! Pen x

6. August 2, 2016 / 1:02 pm

Wow that is a brilliant photo, the contrast of the animals and the city is great. It sounds like a great place for a trip out with the little ones
    , even if it is small. Thanks for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you can come back again next Sunday.
    Tammymum recently posted…Tomorrow, I’ll do betterMy Profile

August 3, 2016 / 9:44 pm

thank you. I hope to be back next Sunday. I need to get writing. pen x

August 3, 2016 / 9:38 pm

Great. Check it out. Pen x

August 3, 2016 / 9:35 pm

I think you meant donkeys and skyscrapers, but you are right it is an awesome pic. thanks for your comment Pen x

7. January 18, 2017 / 9:24 pm

Looks like a good day out. I’m not really an animal lover but I’m trying to encourage my daughter to like them a bit more than me. Places like this are fab for kids. #familyfun

January 19, 2017 / 8:41 pm

Hi, Im not really an animal lover either, but this is a city farm remember. There are a few animals but the cafe is great! Pen x

8. January 21, 2017 / 8:26 am

Ah I do remember reading this before and just took a stroll down the comments and saw mine there from the summer. So just wanted to say thanks for joining us at #familyfun xx
    Tammymum recently posted…#FamilyFun…Week 18My Profile

January 21, 2017 / 9:18 pm

haha, thank you. Pen x

9. January 22, 2017 / 4:25 pm

I love a farm! So bizarre to have the mi6 in the background! Our local farm has the M6 going by but not quite the same! Thanks for linking up to #familyfun

January 22, 2017 / 8:17 pm

Hi Karen,

My pleasure. I love a good farm too. thanks for your comment. Pen x

10. February 15, 2017 / 8:55 am

I love the sound of a free farm with a lovely cafe too! #mondayescapes

February 15, 2017 / 10:00 pm

Definitely worth a visit. Thanks for your comment. Pen x

11. February 16, 2017 / 10:02 pm

This is so fab. I love a free farm, especially a city farm. They’re so super important to visit and support. Can you imagine growing up and not knowing what a cow looked like in real life, or a donkey, or chicken?
    I think that photo of the juxtaposition between nature and manmade construction behind is fab.
    Thanks so much for joining #daysoutwithatoddler; see you next month 🙂

February 16, 2017 / 10:22 pm

Hi, thank you for your lovely comment. Pen x

12. February 18, 2017 / 3:38 pm

Oh I love the animals in front of the city scape. Fab that it’s free x #daysoutwithatoddler

February 18, 2017 / 9:20 pm