Yippeee, I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award. Just over a week ago, Debbie from My Random Musings nominated me for The One Lovely Blog Award. Thanks Debbie! This is an award from a blogger to a fellow blogger as a sign of appreciation of their blog.
As part of accepting the award, I have to write 7 random facts about me:
- I am quite good at spending time on my own, which is quite lucky really, given that I am now a single mother. I can often be found in a cafe or bar with a coffee or a glass of wine, my laptop or a book and staring out of the window.
- I am not very good at reading my book when there are things to look at out of the window.
- My life is a journey, but I am not really sure where I am going.
- I saw this exhibit at the Wellcome Collection on Euston Road. These are forceps. It reminded me of my labour and the male consultant telling me that I was pushing quite well, but that he’d only allow me another fifteen minutes of pushing before he ‘assisted’. I didn’t want his assistance. I pushed really hard.
- Sometimes I feel lonely. Sometimes when I was with my ex I felt lonely. I’d like someone to share my loneliness sometimes. There are other times when I quite enjoy it.
- Iran is the most interesting country I have ever visited. Esfahan is the most beautiful city in the world.
I now have to nominate some bloggers I admire. I nominate the following for the One Lovely Blog award:
Beautwins One of my fellow single mums.
Muminahurry Another fellow single mum.
Hannah Spannah Coco Banana and this lady is an inspiration!
I am supposed to nominate 15 blogs, but I am not a great fan of following the rules.
Ladies, to accept the award apparently, you simply have to do the following:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
2. Add the One Lovely Blog badge to your post.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate bloggers you admire by posting a comment on their blog (or nominating them via Twitter).
I look forward to reading your 7 random facts / looking at your 7 random dresses.