My parents are superheroes. I am separating from partner. Our son is under one. The last few months have been really challenging emotionally, logistically, financially, in fact in most ways imaginable.
My parents are superheroes because:
- They have enabled me to see a way out of this relationship.
- They have helped me see that the future is not all bad, in fact they have helped me to be excited about the future.
- They have helped me to identify what is important.
- They have helped me to see that if I am unhappy then my son is going to be unhappy.
- They are helping me get over the guilt of not being able to provide my son with a childhood with two parents who love each other.
- They look after my son so that I can work full time.
- They look after my son when he is ill and can’t go to nursery.
- They have helped me to find a flat to move to.
- They are my emotional rock.
- They are riding the roller-coaster of emotions with me.
- They distract me when my son is with his father and I am missing him (my son!) terribly.
- They email me a photo of my son everyday that they are looking after him and I am at work.
- They make my son happy. He loves spending time with them. He thinks they are hysterically funny for some reason.
- They make themselves absent so that I can have have special time just me and my son.
- They give and give and give and expect nothing in return.
- They reassure me that I can do this because I am amazing.
- They tell me that I am a great Mum.
- They will be there for me as long as we all shall live.